re:GT6+ fuel tank removal

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: re:GT6+ fuel tank removal
From: Tom Carney <tcarney@concentric.net>
Date: 5/7/1998 18:36
--==pw_boundary==

  Heh, getting the tank out of a GT6 is like a work of
art.  And don't think it is any easier to get it back in,
probably harder.  I've taken the tank in and out of mine
many times trying to eliminate a slow leak.  I seem to
recall pushing it as far forward as I can then lifting it
from the rear.  But I don't have the support rail on mine.
Just try a few different ways and you'll get it, I can't
remeber does the manual say how to remove it.  Atleast
you'll get one thing out of it, a sore back!

> This is a repost - didn't see it come thru.
>
> On my 69 GT6+ the fuel tank is unbolted and disconnected
and won't
> come out.
> Lift the front edge and it won't clear the support rail
which is welded to
> both wheelarch inner panels.
> Lift the back edge and it won't clear the support angles
on the rear valence.
> Slide it to the right and it hits both fuel tank
supports.
> Various combinations of the above movements hit one or
more of the
> above obstructions.
> Anyone else experience this and how did you get the tank
out ?
> What am I missing ?
>
> Thanks
> Jack Mc