Header question

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Header question
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 14:25:42 -0400
I recently purchased a Pacesetter exhaust header for my '80 Spitfire.
I'm going to tackle the job in a few weeks along with the installation
of twin HS4's.  While laying the things out, it would seem that some
serious grinding will be required for the inlet manifold to nestle in
where it belongs.  Have others, making the similar conversion to 1-1/2"
SU's, experienced the same?  Or...should I begin to wonder if the inlet
manifold (purchased with the carbs from the UK) is indeed for a spit?
Most appreciative of the member response prior to firing up the grinder
this weekend.

Regards,
Ed Hamilton

BTW Joe, the outlook in PA is rain, rain and more of the same this
weekend.  So, I will not be going to the Carlisle show as planned.  I
had hoped to find a bunch more of replaceable/throwaway doors for you.
:-)