remove sump on 1500

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: remove sump on 1500
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 20:38:02 -0400
Is it possible to remove the sump on a 1500 (specifically 1980) without
removing the eingine?  I thought it was and I am absolutely sure that I
have removed the sump on an earlier spit (Mk1 or MkII) without removing the
engine.  It has been a while (almose 30 years) and I can't remember if I
had to remove the engine mounts and raise the engine, but I don't think so.

I know someonw with a 1500 who tried to remove the pan and could  not get
it out.  He wants to now if there is a trick or it just can't be done.

Thanks, Sam