Re: Tachometer causes non start

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Tachometer causes non start
From: Dave Simpson <dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:18:22 -0400
James wrote:

> checked you ballest by-pass wire rescently?  It could be the that your
>
> partialy pulling the coil down, and the lower voltage when you are
> cranking the engin if your ballest by-pass is faulty could stop it
> working!
> --
> James Carpenter
> Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot

> FWIW

I have a similar problem with my 76 spitfire , also a short.   I
occasionally loose the tachometer , the red Ignition light comes on,
Overdrive goes out.  Being a little bit of a future DPO I just wiggle
the wires under the dash and everything returns to normal.  I do plan on
getting into it soon though.

Dave Simpson
76 Spitfire, original owner, hope never to be (?)PO