FOUND: Herald 12/50 in a wreckers - Vancouver BC

To: "'Spitfire Mail List'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FOUND: Herald 12/50 in a wreckers - Vancouver BC
From: "Bayrock, Michael" <michael_bayrock@bctransit.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:49:52 -0700
I was wandering around yesterday and I found a green Herald in a
wreckers.  The body tub (front and rear) seems to be in good shape, the
bonnet is in good shape, and it contains all the mechanical pieces.
There was little if any interior in it. It also had a detachable roof
section that appeared to be made out of fiberglass.

The bad news is that the frame was bent in the middle - at a 30 degree
angle.  Imagine, if you will, that someone tried to lift the car with a
single-pole forklift.  It's too bad, because the frame looked to be
quite solid.

For those who have an interest, the commission number is GB37871 LCV.

The shop owner is partial to selling the car in one piece.  Sorry, I
didn't get a price.

Contact me if you want the location of the shop.

BTW, he also had about a dozen doors and bonnets for later Spitfires, a
MKIII Spit bonnet (in Ok-ish shape), and a MkII GT6+ bonnet (in poor
shape).

Michael
michael_bayrock@bctransit.com