RE: Spitfire OD Badge location info need

To: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Subject: RE: Spitfire OD Badge location info need
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:31:01 -0600
Hi Richard,

I hadn't planned on drilling until I had badge in hand and template
in hand.  I've seen some of the "replacement" badges or at least what
passes for them.  My goal at the moment is to just get all of my
ducks in a row before I proceed.  I'm trying to do this just the
opposite of what I normally do, which is tear into something and
then step back and figure out what it was that I originally wanted to
do!!

Thanks

> putting holes in your car. I recently ordered a replacement badge
> for the front of my car and the "new" casting" had a different hole
> pattern than the car or the 3 older/damaged badges I have. The
> originals are pressed pins pressed into  the badge. The "new" are a
> one piece casting with the pins about one hole diameter off made
> into the casting. General location is ok but you might want to cool
> your jets on getting a template from somebody to punch holes in your
> car.
>
> Regards,
> Richard Ceraldi
> 71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
> 71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L
> Austin, TX
> http://www.exact.com/~gt6mk3

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start teardown)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to install)