GT6 metering needles

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 metering needles
From: GT6in@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:24:17 EDT
Listers,
Ok here it is.  I have the Mk1 carbs all set to factory settings and the car
runs too rich(car barley runs it is getting so much gas then cuts out).  The
adjusting orifice does nothing because it is so rich.  Adjusting the floats to
about 22mm making 4mm too lean still has the car running rich(well atleast 1
carb).  Now if I turn the adjusting orifice all the way up(lean) the engine
speed increases and the car runs smoother.  The only thing left I can think of
is the metering needles are worn to the point that when the floats are at spec
the needles let too much gas go by.  Am I on the right track?  My parents are
starting to get mad that I don't have a job, but then again without the GT6 I
have no way of getting to one!
TIA
Tom