Re: do we have a corner here ?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: do we have a corner here ?
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 18:58:25 -0700
Howdy, all.
I'm a newbie here, so if I botch protocol, be patient.  And let me
know what I've botched, too!

I'm here because I've recently acquired a Lotus Elan that came with
two magnesium 13x6 American Racing libre wheels on it, and I would
very much like to find two more of these wheels, to complete the set.

They use the Spitfire bolt pattern (Elans share uprights and hubs
with you good folks!) and they have the familiar four spoke design
that was seen a lot on Datsun SCCA racers in the 60's.  Also
seen (in Aluminum, 13x5 form) on Chris Kantarjiev's GT6, "Bubba",
for those here who are familiar with his cars.

Where should I look for a pair of these wheels?  For that matter,
are there any vintage racers here with a pair to sell or trade?

Regards,
Erik Berg