Re: Spit 1500 Brake Light Weirdness

To: "Ross L. Kodner" <rkodner@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Spit 1500 Brake Light Weirdness
From: Pat B <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 22:51:29 -0400
Ross L. Kodner wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> This is my first post to this list. I have a wonderful '78 Spitfire 1500
> that has a problem . . . and an opportunity <g>.
>
> The problem is that when I took it out of storage last month, everything
> worked, as usual . . . except for the brake lights. The taillights work,
> but no brake lights. I have no idea what be causing this since obviously
> the bulbs and rear-end wiring seems fine. Anyone have this problem or have
> some thoughts about it?
>
> The opportunity - it's time to replace the exhaust with something that
> sounds great--I'm tired of it sounding like a lawn mower engine. Any
> recommendations on a reasonably priced exhaust system that sounds great?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ross
>
> Don't forget "Technology for the Rest of Us '98" at ABA Annual in Toronto
>           on July 31st, 9:30-11:30AM!!
> Can't WAIT Until ABA TECHSHOW '99 - Chicago March 18-20!
>
> MicroLaw, Inc. - Milwaukee, WI  Co-Founder, CLEgal, LLC
> Web1: http://www.microlaw.com
> Web2: http://www.microsoft.com/industry/legal/m_legal/m_restofus.stm
> Alternate e-mail: rkodner@microlaw.com
> ---------------------
> "Friends don't let friends word process without reveal codes" -RLK '97
Ross,
Have you had a look at the brake light switch located just below the
brake pedal pivot?  Perhaps a wire is loose or the switch is stuck.
Take a look there. On my 74 Spitfire, the switch was broken and the
wires hanging from the harness.

WRT the exhaust, the Monza exhaust is relatively inexpensive an provides
good sound quality.  The sound has a lot of low frequency content as it
is just a set of 3 flow through glass packs.  I have them installed in
my car and they sound great!! I think the Roadster factory sells these.

Good Luck!!
--
Patrick Barber
74 Spitfire 1500 (FM14774U)