New look for the spit?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New look for the spit?
From: "Will O'Brien" <hobrien@webos1.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 18:36:26 -0500
I was just thinking about the black(chromeish) trim pieces that surround
the trunk on the spit.  I started wondering if I could feasibly remove
these and the metal seams that they mount on.  (I know they come off)  I
was thinking I could cut these off and weld the seams with my mig welder
and create a really smooth looking rear end.  This combined with the look
you get when you remove the rear bimber from the spit could look really
cool.  I could even weld the seams on the front end up and sand those
smooth as well.  Any opinins?  Let me know.  I want comments!

Will O'Brien
77 Spitfire