Re: float bowl valves

To: "Matthews, M D (Matt)" <matthmd@texaco.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: float bowl valves
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 13:01:46 -0400
At 09:07 AM 7/7/98 -0500, Matthews, M D  (Matt) wrote:

>Our racing spitfire is really spitting fire.

Been there.   Done that.    YIKES!

>It seems to me I never had problems on other SU equipped cars, I never
>had problems on this car with the single stromberg, but I must be doing
>something wrong with these SU's.

Anything different about the setup you are using VS. what you used in the
past?   You seem to imply that maybe the carb mounting is too rigid?

Some carbs are mounted with compliant Thakeray (sp?) Washers to reduce
float bowl vibration and frothing.  Is this what you suspect you are getting?

I know from the Lotus List that such carb mountings are not without their
own problems...in fact a hot tip in Lotus-Land is to use O-rings in place
of the top Thakerays.

Maybe this will get you thinking...

Atwell Haines