spitfire names

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: spitfire names
From: "rstieg" <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 08:16:42 -0500
I call mine "Spitfire". or "Low Flyer"-if it's running.
I DID have a really cool name, If I had bought the junked GT6 a friend had
for sale ($300 u.s. ) and made a Spit-6 outa it (Hindsight is wonderful!) I
would have had a vanity license plate reading "Griffon"- which as any of
you warbird enthusiasts know, was the name for the later-version uprated
Spitfire engines which followed the "Merlin" in the Mark XXI Spitfires.
Way cool, I thought.
rick stieg 75 spitfire (and too much free time to sit around thinking up
stuff like this)