Diffy, ratios

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Diffy, ratios
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 16:59:32 PDT
Hello all and thanks for all the responses to my various questions.
Today I drove across the state to check out the 72 Spit I've been asking
questions for.  Its a sure thing that the car is mine.  This thing is
spotless and mostly original, quite a find.  Anyway the only known
problems is a clutch which the owner is going to replace this week with
a new B&B three piece and the diffy which is making considerable noise.

Now for the question.  This guy has 5 spit parts cars that I can choose
a diffy from.  Should I opt for a 3.63, a 3.89 or another 4.11 like it
has now?  The car is a stock 1300 with no modifications and no o/d
(yet).  Also could someone tell me what rear ends US mk's 1-3 have.

thanks

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, VPI&SU
Emerald Green, 72 Spit Mk4!