Huxley is a winner

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Huxley is a winner
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:32:45 -0700
Today I took a short t drive down to Kent Washington and participated in
a car show sponsored by the Corvair club.  The show was for discontinued
and orphan cars.  The classes were arranged by decade with two classes
each (open and closed cars).

I felt that because there were so many great looking Corvair
Convertibles in my class that I didn't stand a chance.  I was secretly
hoping for third place.

When the awards were being presented, The third and then second places
both went to Corvairs and My heart sank until the first place mane was
announced and it was Me.  This award means more to me than most others
that the car has won because it says that people what own American Iron
also appreciate our LBC's.

There was one other Triumph there (a TR6 with a Buick aluminum V8) and
he was in a class with one other car, a beautiful early 70's   Malibu SS
convertible.  It surprised the TR-6 owner but he won his class as well.

Great day for Triumphs.  And what's more it didn't even rain.  But I did
manage to get a bunch of bugs on my teeth driving home.

Regards,
Joe Curry    '63 Spitfire FC4505L (Huxley)

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer