Re: Insurance Stupidity.

To: "James" <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>,
Subject: Re: Insurance Stupidity.
From: "john derbyshire" <jderbyshire@maxon-hq.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:20:45 +0100
[no archive]

>Rang up footman james last night about there insurance.
>
>Here's what they quoted.
>
>Me 21 Spitfire 1500 fully comp 390 pounds.
>With 1300 Spifire engin 320 pounds.
>With herald 13/60 engin 400 pounds plus you must take your car to a
>garaged to certifiy it realy is a Herald engin.

Seems a lot, is this agreed value or is it just normal insurance.

I tried Eagle Star direct online quotes and it gave out =A3400 fully comp=
, me
31 and 3 year's NCB
I only pay =A3135 for =A31700 agreed value (not using NCB) but limited to=
 5000
miles

As to the stupidity of insurance try this one

Ford Capri 2.8i   ( I know but I fancied a change for a while, I getting
bloody hot in FHC TR7)

Value =A31000 3 years NCB Fully Comp Quote =A3382

Value =A31000 3 years NCB Third party Fire & Theft  =A3400

Where is the sense in this, surely its better for them to do third party
cheaper, well they don't have to pay out if I drive into a wall

John Derbyshire
Confused at insurance