RE: what does a healthy spit sound like? (and Intro of new lister)

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: what does a healthy spit sound like? (and Intro of new lister)
From: gsmith@cvn.net (gsmith)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:55:19 -0400
Try the French Site "Amicale Spitfire" at
http://amicale.com/spitfire/indexe.htm
It's got a neat .WAV file of one.

My wife and I just purchased our 1980 Spit last Sunday (or really, really
early Monday, I'm not sure)
It wouldn't start, the top is shot, the brakes ("rebuilt" in the ad) are
shot.

I installed my TR7 13" steel wheels to roll it onto the rollback -- and I
may stick with these. They wear 185/70 tyres instead of the 155/85's are a
wider steel wheel, with the same trim rings. And the Spitfire plastic
centers fit them perfectly.
***Is there any reason NOT to use TR7 rims? (Clearance, etc)***

The car runs now (belching oily smoke), has a working clutch, working 1st
and reverse -- without brakes, testing the higher gears is pretty pointless.

The car is green (not the same green as original), black top, gray bumpers
(for now!), and a once "biscuit" interior with black carpets.

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)