horns and seat rail resolution

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: horns and seat rail resolution
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 21:24:39 PDT
Well guys tonight I spent around two hours figuring out my horns and
seat rails but they are both working more or less to my needs.  The horn
thing was solved by discovering that the first horn in the series was
not grounded correctly.  That didn't take too long.  The seat rails that
was a different story.  I really didn't want to take the seat out so I
was determined to move it to the rear most position with it "up".  Half
a can of WD-40, a lot of sweat, and a BIG ball-peen (sp?) hammer fixed
that after about an hour of banging and swearing. It still doesn't slide
real well but its all the way back now so I don't care.  I thought about
spot welding the latch in position so no one can move, it but that
sounded like too much work.

Now I discovered that my passenger seat (which I could care less if it
slides on its rails) does not latch in the back.  But that's going to
have to wait.  I've got driving to do.

as always thanks to all that responded

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech