Changes made during Mk1 production

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Changes made during Mk1 production
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 23:06:37 -0700
In looking in John Thomason's "Triumph Spitfire and GT6, A Guide to
Originality", it is mentioned that there are a number of documented and
undocumented changes made during the production of the Spitfire Mk1's.

In looking through the book to get a feel for what is correct (and
uncorrect) about my new acquisition, I decided to make a list of the
changes so that I could more closely identify what is what.

Since I went to the trouble, it seems a shame not to share it with other
interested parties.  So I have attached the Text file to this message.

If anybody knows of other changes that are not covered, please let me
know and I will add them to the list.

Regards,
Joe

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer