RE: tonneau fasteners and steering columns

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, shmitty99@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: tonneau fasteners and steering columns
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 07:25:23 -0500
I've never "telescoped" the steering column, but I do have advice on
those u-bolts.  They are brittle and be very careful when you tighten
them because they will break without too much torque.  I've broken mine
once.

Kevin

>>> "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com> 09/30/98 07:54pm >>>
Hello listers, two quick questions tonight to help complete my tonneau
project.

1) could someone explain in detail how to "telescope" the steering
column.  I looked around for the u-bolts describe earlier but I'd like a
little more info before I start taking things apart.