Re: Cranky nuts

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cranky nuts
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:15:22 EDT
Andy,

If you get real desperate (or you need to redo your oil pan seal anyway) you
can remove the oil pan and stuff a short piece of 2x4 or other suitable hunk
of wood between the crank and the block.  Its guaranteed not to budge!  I had
to do this and it still required serious abuse with an air impact gun.

David Gates
'73 Spitfire 1500
'78 Spitfire 1500
Hawaii