Re: Funny story and rear end sag questions

To: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@earth.nwu.edu>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Funny story and rear end sag questions
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:40:01 -0400
Eric, et al...

I wouldn't think it was strong enough but who knows?

My brother has a TR4A, no headrests.  His tonneau has a thin metalic bar
from the center zipper to the door on each side and no lift problems.
The wind seems to get in under my headrest pockets and creates a serious
lift even at 35-40 MPH.  I'm thinking of trying to use some straps sewn
into the headrest pockets that would wrap around the passenger side
headrest.  I've also thought about a rigid plastic strip from the center
zipper to the door just in front of the seat, similar to my brothers
cover.

Any thoughts about this?  I have another tonneau from my parts car that
I'm going to try to see if the same thing happens.  Problem is, right
now it's too cold to run without the hood!  Maybe this weekend...

Kirby