RE: Spitfire compression

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire compression
From: Mark Sinclair <msinclair@dis-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:23:21 -0700
My understanding was that all Spitfire and Herald engines were delivered
with specially 'Factory Blown Head Gaskets' just so you didn't have to
worry about when it was going to go ;-)

Very slightly more seriously though - they seem to run quite happily in
this condition for many years - the guy parked behind you just gets black
crap all over his bumper when you start up in the morning and clear out the
system. If you don't have water in the oil or vice versa and your engine
performance/oil consumption is OK then no need to panic and take it of the
road. Deal with it when it suits you but keep your AAA paid up!

Just my 2c worth.

Mark Sinclair