Value of spitfire

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Value of spitfire
From: Bob W <bob1313@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 10:09:32 -0500
Hello;

I'm just getting ready to buy a spitfire [maybe]. This will be a new
experience for me.

I'm looking at a 1978, I would consider it to be in rough shape. The
body appears to be solid, the frame, as much as I can see does not seem
to be rusted through. The driver side floor board is rusted through. It
has a hard top, and overdrive trans. I'm told the OD was rebuilt. It has
a new battery and starter. It runs but not good enough to drive, will
not idle or rev up to much. My guess is the carb, it has been sitting
for at least a year with little attention.

I would be interested in the value. I realize there could be a broad
range of prices, but this will give me a good idea where the starting
price should be. I'm in central Florida if that makes any difference to
the cost. The car was bought in IL. by this owner, who thought it was
CUTE but now she does not want to spend what it will take to restore it.

Thanks
Bob Wilson