weber choke

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: weber choke
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:16:55
I tried fixing a carb choke problem this past weekend and screwed it up 100
times worse.  Please help!!! I am lost.  I have a Weber DGAV (downdraft
automatic electric choke) Carburettor.  Before I messed with it it would
hessitate and stutter when I upshifted.  So I figured I was getting too
much choke.  I looked behind the Choke mechanism and found the adjustment
screw that I suppose adjusts this to the throttle linkage.  Well long story
made short, its really screwed up now.  It has heavy choke but the second
you touch the gas it goes right off and I have to fight to keep it running,
and slipping the clutch to get it moving.  This is really not fun,
especially since this is my daily driver.  Can anybody out there tell me
how to adjust the choke on this carb?

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL