Commission number plaque

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Commission number plaque
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:36:56 -0500
My '72 Spit MKIV currently has no windshield and, somehow, the commission
number plaque attached to the drivers side of the windshield post has been
flexed enough to break off.  I still have the piece that came off.

Any thoughts as to what I should do?  Can I get a replacement and rivet it
in? (might look suspect) Maybe just do a big glob of epoxy to hold it on?
Ignore it and don't worry about it.

The car still has the commission plate on the door post.  Do I even need
the one by the windshield?

The car will be registered in New York State.  I just don't want anyone
claiming it is a stolen vehicle.

Being paranoid (again) in NY.
Thanks,

Kirby

'80 Spit 1500 (Kelley Greene)
'72 Spit MKIV (Stanley Mark IV)
'73 Spit 1500 (Moms Mably) Parts Car [mostly rusty shell]