Re: Spitfire site

To: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire site
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:56:42 -0500
Huw, you efforts look like they will pay off in the long run. You are
going about it in the right way. One note of caution, you said you had
to bash out the frame for some reason. I think the Spitfire frames are
susceptible to frame damage. Get the frame dimension specifications and
do at least a cursory check on the frame for trueness. I had to get mine
straightened twice. The first place didn't take the time to do it right.
Find someone reliable and preferably experienced in LBCs. They will also
need the specifications, so make a copy for them.
Now is the time to do this before you get to the painting stage.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario