Re: rotary spit - tech talk

To: DANMAS@aol.com, Tom Strange <jantoms@vbe.com>
Subject: Re: rotary spit - tech talk
From: "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@Corp.Honeywell.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:15:00 -0600
Tom --

Excuse me for asking, but why do you want to replace the spitfire front
suspension with a Mustang II unit?  My assumption was (is) that the Spitifre
unit is quite capable, at least as far as handling is concerned.  Isn't it
capable of handling the extra weight of the V8?  (Although it copes with the
less-than-svelte six in the GT6.)  Do you want bigger/better brakes?  (But
aren't there easier ways to improve the braking?)  Maybe the Mustang II
units are of better quality than the Spitfire originals?  Or maybe it's
easier to get replacement parts?  Or perhaps it's the Spit's wimpy-sized
wheel bolts/lug nuts?  (They sure make me nervous.)  I'm not criticizing
your choice, I'm just curious as to why you made it.

Andy Lindberg
GT6 has been put away for the Minnesota winter; now the Volvo 122 gets to
earn its keep (boy, talk about a car that would profit from a Ford 302
insert)