Re: Air injection manifold.

To: GatesDavid@aol.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air injection manifold.
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:22:52
David, the DPO of my engine (which came out of a '76 and is now in my '79)
had the air injection lines cut and sealed at the base right by the nuts
going into the head.  works perfectly fine. (I admit it could look a little
better, but I am getting there)

Patrick Bowen

At 10:03 PM 12/10/98 EST, GatesDavid@aol.com wrote:
>The '76 Spit that I recently got is equipped with one of these air injection
>manifolds.  I have no intention of connecting up the airpump when I
transplant
>this engine into my '78.  My plan is to remove the manifold and simply
install
>small bolts into the holes in the head that the manifold was attached to.
>Anyone see any problem with this plan?  There is no emission testing here in
>Hawaii to worry about.
>
>David Gates
>Hawaii
>'73 Spitfire 1500 (Daily driver)
>'78 Spitfire 1500 (working on this one)
>'76 Spitfire 1500 (just acquired, probably going to be a parts car)
>http://members.aol.com/gatesdavid/index.htm  <--- Rogues Gallery
>http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=8239  <--- The Garage Sale
>

>>The heads are interchangeable but not the same.  The main difference
>>in Spit 1500 heads through the years has to do with the air injection
>>system(s) fitted.  '74 had no air injection.  '75-'76 had an air
>>distribution manifold which injected air into each cyl port.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL