gauges gauges qauges (kinda long)

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: gauges gauges qauges (kinda long)
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:20:01 PST
Good morning to all you guys, today's question envolves my gauges.
First of all I want to know if anyone has a Jaeger Temp gauge.  I really
just need the black piece that says Jaeger my Smiths one works just
fine, but when I put the new dash back in I'd like them all to at least
say Jaeger.  I'm also looking for a voltmeter and an electric oil
pressure gauge.  I have a mechanical (Smiths) oil pressure gauge of fair
condition but I'd rather have an electric one.

Next about Speedo Calibration.  My car originally had an overdrive 3
rail transmission with the later type 4.11 differential (its a 72).
Somewhere along the line the o/d was replaced with a regualar 3 rail
with a longer driveshaft(grrrr).  To add to the miscalibration I now
have a 3.89 rear end from a 78 spitfire.

Soo suffice to say my speedo is way off.  Now I know the rear end will
make a difference but will an o/d or non-o/d transmission affect the
speedometer?  See I'm thinking about sending my gauges to Nisonger for
reburbishment and getting my speedo calibrated.  But eventually I'd like
to replace the transmission back to an o/d.  Will I have to
re-recalibrate the speedo again?

Anyway I'm sure some enlightened gauge guru will show me the way.

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire