Re: Do I need help?! too late!

To: rstieg <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Subject: Re: Do I need help?! too late!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:23:13 -0800
Rick,
Pretty well stated!  I feel the same way about Huxley (my former rust
bucket Mk1)  After spending around $15,000 on the restoration/upgrades,
I couldn't expect to recover anywhere close to that amount, but probably
wouldn't if somebody offered to buy it for that amount.

Joe

rstieg wrote:

> Joe (and guys)
> Spent 400 bucks on a thrice painted rust bucket used as a bondo training
> aid.
> Spent another 4.5 grand getting it to "close" to finished.
> Spent 18 months under, over around and thru the thing, buying air
> compressor, spray
> rig, tools, more tools, parts, etc. etc.
> Wouldnt sell it today. period.
> One of the most self-satisfying projects I've ever had.
> Some things you cant quantify with your wallet.
>
> rick stieg
> 75 Spitfire.

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer