Re: rear axle bearing housing

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: rear axle bearing housing
From: "Ryan Smith" <spitty@vt.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 19:09:42 -0500
Ah yes, THAT hole exists on both of the differentials I have.  I had the
experience of transporting the original 4.11 about 3 blocks in the back of
my explorer.  Somewhere along the way it tilted a bit and  25 year old gear
oil leaked out of THAT hole and the stud holes I guess.  I had a nice little
puddle in my explorer.  I still haven't gotten the smell totally out.  I do
remember a cotter pin being in 3.89 I put back in the car, must have lost
the one in the 4.11.

Ryan W. Smith
Mechanical Engineering
VPI&SU