Re: gasket removal

To: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: gasket removal
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 10:37:35 -0800
Chris,
I use one of those pads that chuck into a drill.  It is manufactured by
3M and is similar to a Scotch-Brite Pad only more abrasive.  It also
works well for removing rust and paint from parts.

You can also use one of those wire brush wheels that will mount in a
portable electric drill.

Regards,
Joe

Chris Pappathopoulos wrote:

> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove gasket material that has
>stuck to
> > the engine pieces. I'm particularly concerned with the pieces of the head
>gasket
> > that stuck to the block. I don't really want to have to scrape that area and
> > scratch up the top of the block.
>
> Thank you for any information anyone has to give.
>
> Chris Pappathopoulos

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer