Re: First and last post

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: First and last post
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 21:06:10 -800
Hey Kids,

I'm away for a few days and what do you guys do but pick a fight with the
neighbors.

Don't blame timmy two shoes; he can't help it - he's suffering from a clear
case of styling envy.  Think about it - he owns a car (Alpine) which takes its
styling cues (read FINS) from a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere sedan - I guess that
explains the Rootes group/Chrysler connection.  He can't help himself: I'd be
jealous too!

Not only that, but, I have a good friend who bought an Alpine for his
girlfreind;
replaced the suspension, re-built the motor, put in a new interior - and the
car was still about as much fun to drive as the 1955 Ford Consul I once owned.
 So let's cut timmy some slack here - maybe if he does buy a Spit he'll mellow
out a bit and lose some of that anger.

Happy New Year to all my pals on the Spit list.

Cheers,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel)
Neil R. McAllister