comp. lines

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: comp. lines
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 07:10:55 -0800
I want to thank the many (41) people who replied to my need of help on
setting up my air compressor. After the replys I got in the car and
visited 3 recently built body shops, and then the local hospital where
the engineer is a friend of a friend. Of the 4 places I visited only 1
had galvanized metal piping, the other 2 body shops had industrial PVC
and the hospital some special made PVC, constructed just for this special
use. The vast majority of this list also agreed with PVC, as well as Home
Depot and Tips, and the most convincing was the post by Dan Masters.
There are 3 types of PVC plastic pipe in your local hardware store, gray
pipe, that cannot be used for air or water, so I have no idea what its
use is, then standard non industrial (O/K for water only) with no PSI
rating, and PVC 1120 SCH 40 with a 600 PSI, that is highly recommended
for air compressors. In setting-up your run it is most important to have
at least 1 possibly 2 air seperators, plus your filter and regulator.
There should be at least one drain in the line in addition to the
compressor. All in all, the PVC with a 600 PSI when cleaned, primed, and
installed properly. is safe to use. Again my thanks to the many replys,
and proof of just how valuable this list is.  Thanks  "FT"