Re: Interior replacement

To: "Jay Heaman" <jheaman@woodstockpuc.on.ca>,
Subject: Re: Interior replacement
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:55:49 -0500
----------
> From: Jay Heaman <jheaman@woodstockpuc.on.ca>
> To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
> Subject: Interior replacement
> Date: Thursday, January 07, 1999 4:35 PM
>
> Any suggestions on seat and interior carpet/trim replacement? Some
> conflicting opinions on factory kits as compared to custom work in my
local
> area. Can someone offer their own experiences?
> Thanks,
>
> Jay Heaman
> Woodstock, Ontario
> '71 Spitfire
Jay, much of the original trim was made by Newton Commercial in England. I
believe TRF get their interiors made by Newton. OTOH, I believe Moss make
their own. Both are nice looking. Obviously, one has a bit more tradition
and perhaps may even be a bit closer to original. I have also seen some
very nice 'local' jobs that were much less expensive. In the end, it
probably depends on how much you want to farm out and how 'original
looking' you want to be.
Cheers
Keith