re: diff noise

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: diff noise
From: "Ron Roach" <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 20:19:07 -0800
I've had three spits(all 1500s)  and they all had(have) rear ends that
scream.  I think it's from the sloppy tolerances in the gears, and they just
wear in to a pattern that makes them whine.  I'm told they'll last forever,
but sound like this forever.  I even have a test report of a new spit in
"triumph spitfire Gold portfolio" that mentions a hideously loud rearend in
their test car.
LOUD AND PROUD!

ron
'78 spit
Oh, and I've found an O/D trans. supposedly with 4000 mi. since a rebuild
with a 6 month warrantee, for $800 canadian, but no shifter, and switch
assembly.  Sound ridiculous?     Opinions greatly appreciated