Re: Odd Question

To: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Odd Question
From: Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 00:16:18 -0500
Mark,
As a photographer, I can say it was not completely ethical for the body
shop to use your car in the ad without your permission, but it's not like
they sold the image of your car to someone else for a profit.  They are
just trying to display an appealing sample of their work.  This is your
chance to go back down to them and make friends.  Don't forget, your next
car will need paint also.  Maybe they'll cut you a deal next time.
Ray Bryant

At 11:37 PM -0500 1/8/99, Mark Milotay wrote:
>I had my Spit repainted last Fall & it looks great. It has recently come to
>my attention from a number of my friends and a couple of strangers, that my
>car is being used in the body shop's tv ads. I checked over my
>contract/workorder from them and could not see anything that said by
>signing I was giving them permission to use my car in advertising. Any
>thoughts from the list on what I should do? Is this a normal or common
>practice? All advice will be gratefully appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark
>'80 Spit
>Mark Milotay, Principal
>On the Mark Software & Consulting

Ray Bryant
Keller, Texas
'73 Spitfire 1500 (FM6879U), Daily driver
Red River Triumph Club http://www.imagin.net/~hensley/rrtc.html
Bryant Studios Photography http://www.flash.net/~photoray