Re: Master Cut off

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Master Cut off
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 08:34:25 -0500
At 09:45 PM 1/16/99 -0500, Craig wrote:

>Anyone on the list messed with master cut off switches ?.....
>
>where, or if, should I mount it ?
>
>And do I just hook the battery leads to it or something else ?

Craig,

   If you are talking about the switches that mount to the battery and
have a large round turn handle on them, I've got them mounted on our 48
TR1800 and the 65 Morgan.  I really like them.  If you aren't going to
drive the car for a while, it is an easy way of disconnecting the battery.
I've had trouble with the batteries on several of the cars going dead
between uses.  By useing them I have reduced the problems.  Also, it make
turning off the electrical system very easy when you go to work in it.

Yes you attach one end to the battery, and the power cable to the other end
of the switch.  On the Spitfire, the battery is easily accessable, but
you need a wrench to disconnect it.  With these switches, you simply
turn the knob.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi