Re: parts catalog

To: Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Re: parts catalog
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:56:06 -0500
At 09:07 PM 1/17/99 -0600, Thorn wrote:

>Who sells the "official" Spitfire parts catalog?  I "thought" that I had
>carefully looked over all my vendor material, but still can't find a
>listing for one.
>
>Tks!
>
>Harve

Harve, a couple of vendors use the "official" Triumph drawings (and
sometimes part numbers) as reference numbers for their wares.

The Roadster Factory, SpitBits and Rimmer Bros in the U.K. are the ones
that come to mind.  Spitbits and Rimmers have their catalogs online.

If you have the 'official' part numbers you can usually cross-reference to
other British Leyland products.  For example if you don't see a certain
item you want in the Moss Spitfire catalogue (which is really skimpy) call
them with the BL number, they have a cross-reference book.   The same trick
works for the British Parts Connection, and probably others like British
Parts Northwest.

URLs are

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/
http://www.spitbits.com
http://www.thebpc.com

Hope this helps,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA

"It's not the destination that counts, it's the journey."
Drive a Spitfire!