Spitfire map light

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire map light
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:50:07 -0500
As further proof that my Spit is running well, I have turned my attention
to the trivial bother _wherein_ the passenger side map light comes on by
itself (at night of course).  I lift it up and it turns off, but after a
couple bumps in the road it falls down a fraction and turns on again.

In looking at this thing, I have been unable to determine what energizes
the light. The hinge is a roll pin (can't be tightened), and it has a
spring loaded ball-and-detent type joint.

I'm sure I can use a spot of Velcro to hold the thing to the dash if need
be, but if anyone has solved this problem, I'd like to hear the real
solution.
Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA

"It's not the destination that counts, it's the journey."
Drive a Spitfire!