SV: Electric Fan in GT6 ?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: SV: Electric Fan in GT6 ?
From: Jørgen Klitholm <jk@benau.dk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:29:19 +0100
I have a Spit6 as well, and since all of the running gear is GT6 - the
problem must be the same. I installed a Kenlowe electric fan, from
Rimmer Bros - Moss stocks them as well. It comes complete with brackets,
thermostat and all, and doesnt take much space - it fits easily in front
of the radiator.

The oil cooler radiator I have mounted between the main chassis rails,
just behind the front roll bar. It sits perfect there as the roll bar
protects it from hitting stuff. I thought about installing an oil
thermostat as well, but was advised not to as they are thought not to be
reliable - and the time for the radiator to be shut off is really short.
Spin-on oil filter adaptor and braided hoses makes the whole setup look
good and does a whole lot for the reliability.

Jorgen Klitholm (Denmark)
69 Spit6
55 TR2