Re: OD Transmission for Sale

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Subject: Re: OD Transmission for Sale
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:36:37 -0800

"Gambony, Jim" wrote:

> go ahead Sebastian, rub it in.  Yes, we here on the west side of the
> Atlantic are in the unenviable position of having the car bodies outlast the
> mechanical pieces  :-)
>
> That's why complete Spitfires can sometimes be had for $200 usd.... with
> usable frame/body.
>
> Jim
> Rusty Acres.. the LBC final resting grounds in Texas.

Ok here's the deal (to quote a fine upstanding Texan perennial
presidential candidate) you buy the parts cheap in the UK, buy the cars
cheap in the US, fix them up then ship them to Europe and sell them
where the resale value is much better.  Sounds like a business venture
waiting to happen!

Joe Curry

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer