Re: soft-top replacement

To: "Zach Zaletel" <zzalet@po-box.mcgill.ca>,
Subject: Re: soft-top replacement
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 17:51:10 -0500

> On a somewhat related question, I have an old issue of Practical Classics
> (Dec 97?) where they talked about replacing the plastic windows.   The
> vinyl on my top is in fantastic condition, but the windows are dying on
me.
> Has anyone tried this?  I'd be greatly interested on the feasibility of
> such a project.  Alternately, has anyone had an upholstery shop redo the
> windows? Cost?
>
> Hope this helps, and thanks!
> Zach Zaletel
> 70 Spit Mk III
> McGill University
> http://freespeech.org/zach

I had this done on my TR4 top (2 quarters and the rear). An upholstery shop
did the work...stitched them in rather than the shoddy looking sealing I've
seen on some tops. They even tried to use the original stitching holes in
the vinyl so as not to make any extra holes. The result was
excellent...still is. Cost? about $100 Cdn.
Keith Stewart