spit mk1 header tank ???

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: spit mk1 header tank ???
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 20:51:47 -0600
Listers,

I'm doing some work on the header tank and noticed something that doesn't
quite make sense.  Both of the mounting brackets that bolt to the intake
manifold support the header tank have large holes where the bolt passes
through.  The front support had a spacer that slipped over the bolt and
kept the bolt from actually clamping down on the mounting bracket.  The
bracket was free to float.  The rear bracket has this same diameter of hole
but had NO spacer in it.  What I would like to know is if there should be a
spacer in the rear bracket also.  The original spare parts catalogue doesn't
list this little spacers at all so it was no help.

How about it, does anyone have any info on this subject??!!

TIA

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 3/8/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108