Re: higher RPM's?

To: Keith Burns <kayak_keith@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: higher RPM's?
From: Jari Tabell <jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 21:32:45 -0800
I think that usually people are much too afraid of using those "higher revs"
because normally the situation is that the engine withstands much more than
the ear of the driver... At higher revs you have higher oil pressure and
also the torque required at the crank shaft is much lower than at low revs.

In my racing Spitfire the engine just starts to work properly at 5500rpm and
normally I rev it up to 8000 when required... and I open the engine only
after about every 500 "foot down" -miles ;~]

Jari
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jtabell
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/hrf