Re: Mustang...Spitfire???

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Mustang...Spitfire???
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:28:55 -0500 (EST)
oh, no.  joe, joe, joe...

not a sports car?  now I love my '64 spit.  and it's true that my '68
mustang gt convertable didn't have the spit's wonderful front end, nor
even its disc brakes (when I bought it).  but to say it's not a sports
car...  them's fightin' words.  I'd take the mustang on any twisty track
just as readily as the spit, ugly suspension and all.  maybe more so,
surely you've seen the old c&d picture of the early spit jacking up in a
sharp turn on its rear end?

I never thought I'd be taking up the torch for old american street iron,
but with most cars of that era, there's so much 'wrong' design-wise that
it ends up much more with the driver, rather than the car.  anybody
vintage track racing that can back me up with lap times?

scott