Re: mustang...spitfire?

To: Ron Roach <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: mustang...spitfire?
From: Ken Lane <kenlane@ddminc.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:33:39 -0500
Having owned three Mustangs, 68 Conv, w/302, 69 fastback 351W and a 69 Mach I
with a converted 351CJ I have to state for the record that a well tuned 8
cylinder is a joy to the ears and blast to the seat of the pants.  And to some
folks they do look pretty.

But my little LBC - GT6 MkIII is much more fun on the twisty bits and offers
many more smiles per mile.  The mustangs offered a K-Mart kinda mechanical
complexity, the LBC offers more of a british enigma, wrapped in riddle.  Makes
you want to think about  and appreciate what the designer was trying to achieve
and how.

Sure they both have humble beginnings, but the brawny Trans Am 302's were world
class competition proven racecars.  And let us not forget that the Le Mans Spits
were world beaters just as well.

My $.02

Ken