spring orientation? Help me with my shocks!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: spring orientation? Help me with my shocks!
From: "Keith Burns" <kayak_keith@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:15:34 PST
Hi all,
Still having trouble with my front springs.
The bushing at the top under the shock mounting bolt is so squished out
that I can not put the spring and shock assembly back into the location
on the frame. The bushing is squeezed out bigger then the hole in the
frame where it fits. Could the KYB company have sent me the wrong
bushings? One is like a donut, shaped like most of the shock bushings I
have seen on other cars. The other one was squared off like taking a
sausage and slicing it. Are they supposed to be the same (the bushings
that sandwich the top spring plate that has the three bolts?
Also I was told that the coils have a correct direction of sag and that
they can be put in incorrectly. Is there a way to know how the spring
should sit?
Seemed pretty basic, but now it is not working.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Keith 71 spitfire MK IV (rising from the ashes of neglect)