Re: Color of road wheels? Thanks

To: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Color of road wheels? Thanks
From: klucking@altavista.net
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:10:28 -0500 (EST)
Thanks to all hwo responded. Some are writing about Spitfires that must be mk4
or 1500, the one I asked for is mk3 1970. The first answer (silver) is
apparently correct, as I found a picture in "Guide to originality " p.66 of a
mk3 1970 (note badge on bonnet and rear wings, the one I need) and wheels are
silver with chrome hb caps.

Thanks again.

Karl.

 ---- you wrote:

> After much mind searching (I still have a demerol hangover)-I seem to
> remember that both my '77s had silver wheels with silver centers. My Nigel,
> though, has the silver wheel and black centers (with lovely rondel stickers
> by Joe! REally sharp!) I do know that the wheels on one of the 77s were
> absolutely original as I bought the car from the original owner and it had
> never been touched or changed.
>
> Hope this doesn't confuse the wheel question further.
>
> Laura G. and Nigel

Karl Lycking, Denmark
Spitfire mk III 1970
Visit the project at: http://hjem.get2net.dk/spitfire/uk_index.html