Alternator warning light

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator warning light
From: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:14:59 -0500
Hi,

I know that this problem has been talked about before, but if someone could
help me out I'd appreciate it.  I noticed today that my alternator was not
charging while looking for another problem,  I had heard that if the
warning light bulb was blown that this would happen.  I checked the bulb
and sure enough it was blown.  I replaced the bulb, but I still don't get
any output and the bulb does not light when I turn the key to the on
position.  I have 12 volts on the white wire through the bulb and at the
brown and yellow wire at the alternator.  I dob't see any path to ground
though for the current to flow and light the bulb.  If anyone could explain
how this normally works I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Glenn